How can a man make a lasting impression on a woman? The answer is easier than you may even realize. A recent consumer research study shows that the answer to making a lasting impression is right under his nose- it’s through flowers. In fact, the study shows that “92% of women can remember the last time they received flowers, and 89% say receiving flowers makes them feel special.” For some reason, giving floral arrangements to women still remains a challenge for most men. To assist men with overcoming their floral gift-giving struggles, Author and TV host Rebecca Cole provides some easy to remember guidance. “If the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, then the pathway to a woman’s heart is through her other senses,” said Cole, author of Flower Power and co-host of Discovery Channel’s Surprise By Design. “Flowers are a sensual gift that can express emotion so simply-with just a little knowledge and phone call to the florist.” Here are a few tips on how to send the right message to the woman in your life – your sister, that special someone, a co-worker or just a good friend.
- A Blossoming Romance- This emotion may be the most difficult for a man to express, so let the bouquet do the talking. Purple roses and purple lilacs symbolize love at first sight. So, assuming you don’t want to say that quite yet, your best choice would be a romantic bouquet with a variety of colors and flowers. “A passionate arrangement is filled with hot pinks, oranges, reds and golds. Add a thoughtful card to help communicate just the right sentiment,” says Cole. However, another approach would be to send a few red roses. This will subtly express you are interested without overdoing it.
- The Real Deal- To send an arrangement that shouts, “I love you”, you’ll need to take a closer look into the meanings of flowers. For example, the aster flower symbolizes love and patience. Another great flower to use would be a peony. “With their lush, full, rounded bloom, peonies embody romance and prosperity and are regarded as an omen of good fortune and a happy marriage.” Cole reminds men to “Take note of her favorite flowers – the varieties at your wedding, flowers you sent her when you first started dating or the ones she buys for herself. Those will have great meaning and impact.”
- Leading Ladies- “No woman – especially moms, grandmas and sisters – should live without a little TLC,” says Cole. If you are looking brighten someone’s day and put a smile on their face then stick to a garden-style arrangement with greens and soft pastel hues. Keep in mind that no matter what type of flower you send, it will without a doubt, send a message that you care.
- Be spontaneous: “Research shows that 96% of women like to receive flowers when they’re not expecting them.”
- Size Doesn’t Matter: Flowers make a big impact and leave a lasting impression, no matter the size of the arrangement!
- Relax: “The most important thing to remember is that you simply cannot go wrong with flowers,” said Cole. “Your florist is there to help, but you’ll get all the credit.”
When it comes to giving flowers remember you’ve got Trapp and Company just a phone call away! Give us a call today and let us help you give the perfect floral arrangement. 816-931-6940 The consumer research cited was conducted in 2005 by The Michael Cohen Group.