Creamy and versatile, Stonewall Kitchen’s Lemon Herb Aioli makes for a wonderful topping on all types of fish, tacos or burgers. Here is an easy crab cake recipe that is perfect for a Monday summer evening. See the recipe below for a list of ingredients and step-by-step instructions. However, if you aren’t feeling up to making a homemade crab cake, then head on over to your local grocery store and pick up a pack of frozen crab cakes to make dinner even simpler. If you are wondering what to serve along side the crab cakes, might I suggest something crunchy, like green beans or white sweet corn to add a little contrasting texture to the meal.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (preferably flavored with olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 jar of Stonewall Kitchen Lemon Herb Aioli
- Gather the following tools: cutting board, chef’s knife, dry measuring cups, measuring spoons, small and large mixing bowls, rubber spatula, spoons, sheet pan, offset spatula
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon zest, Old Bay, parsley, scallions, and egg. Add crab meat, season with salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Form crab cakes into a ball using about 1/4 cup of crab mixture for each cake. Dip the cakes into the breadcrumbs, flatten to about 1 inch high, and place on a lightly oiled sheet pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow for the crab cakes to cool and then transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve the crab cakes with Stonewall Kitchen Lemon Herb Aioli.
Recipe provided by: The Huffington Post